The new Pacific Reach folding bike has won the TAIPEI CYCLE d&i award 2015, organized by the iF (International Forum Design). 209 entries from 15 countries have registered and 57 entries were chosen to be awarded. The International Forum Design is considered as one of the world's leading industrial design institutions. iF enjoys special recognition thanks to its iF award–one of the world's key design prizes – staged annually since 1953.
The Reach is a compact bike with road racing performance designed for competition and long distance trekking, it has accumulated more than 1.5 million kilometers in mileage since its introduction in 2006. In 2015 the fourth generation finally arrives.
The new 2015 Reach is now quicker and lighter with the following amazing improvements:
1. new folding design to slim the folding size
2. 2 ways of tool-free folding: quick or complete
3. disc brake now becomes standard, integrated with quick release to make assembly and disassembly much quicker
4. newly designed front fork provides 15mm shock travel, and weighs 10% less than the current fork
5. newly designed rear suspension can be adjusted maximum 30mm travel, with the press-lock-release the elastomer replacement is extremely intuitive
6. tapered head tube with integrated head set, 18% improved on stiffness
7. internal cable routing, clean and neat look
8. the whole frame is 5% lighter than the current version
The new 2015 Reach is scheduled to appear at Taipei Cycle this March. Come to see the Reach and other Pacific innovations at booth N0313.